Recent Water Damage Posts
Ducks love the water
Rubber ducks floating in the water
Ducks don't just love the water they need it to survive.
Our homes and property on the other hand don't like water or moisture that can lead to severe water damage if left unattended.
Common causes of home water damage in our homes or on our properties:
1. Leaks in the plumbing system. these leaks aren't easy to spot, unless there under the sink. 2. Clogged gutters and downspouts. When these are clogged, the water pools and overflows to the underside of your home or basement. 3. Old and faulty appliances. Water lines to ice makers are notorious for causing water damage. 4. Burst pipes. Frozen pipes will expand rapidly and could burst.
So unlike the Ducks that love to splash in the water, our homes and properties need to stay dry and well ventilated.
SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami is available 24/7. call us if water sneaks' into your home and you need the help of professionals. 918 766-0220
Portable High Volume Water Extraction
The new 640 MEGAXL
SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami welcomes the 640 MEGAXL water extractor and pump. This gives the power of a truck mount in a portable unit.
The water extraction step removes the majority of the water from your home or property. The 640 MEGAXL is rated to remove up to 63 gallons per minute. This will allow SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami technicians to perform a thorough water extraction, helping reduce the drying time and help prevent mold and any secondary water damage.
When dealing with water damage immediate action is crucial. Our professionals respond immediately and with the new 640 MEGAXL they are able to remove the water quickly. They will closely monitor and document the drying process to verify your property is dried thoroughly.
Sewer backups, storm damage, broken pipes, basement flooding and more call us. SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami 918 766-0220.
We may be in the middle of Summer but Fall is our next season which brings us rain and leaves. It's suggested that we clean our gutters twice a year Spring and Fall. Sometimes we may forget to clean them in this seasons so Summer can also be a time to keep them clean.
Clogged gutters could create havoc during a winter storm which we had plenty of those this past year. As the snow is melting not cleaning your gutters can lead to many different issues. These could be, ice dams forming , damage to shingles, finally clogs and obstructions trap moisture in the corners or junctions of the roof causing leaks to penetrate in homes.
Clogged gutters are a great place for mosquitoes and other bugs to produce from trapped moisture left in the drain.
Gutter and downspout cleaning can help prevent unexpected and expensive projects down the road. Taking preventive measures now can help minimize the likelihood of having to repair an inside water damage or replacing your roof.
SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami is ready 24/7 for any Water Damage. (918)766-0220
Cement filled in hole from slab leak repair.
Imagine walking on a floor and it is warm to the touch or repainting cabinets and the paint bubbles a couple of day later. This happened to our home. We help others with water damages. Our home had a slab leak and this became home remodel to a home repair.
Water damages sometimes are not noticeable and can quietly and slowly happen right under your feet. Homes have pipes under the home with a very small crawl space, pipes in the slab or pipes above in attics. Be aware of your water bill or take notice of warm floors this could mean a leak is going on.
We had to remove part of our attached cabinets and a hole made in our slab to repair the pipe leak. Luckily no flooring was removed. Now putting things back is a very slow process. Our kitchen will take a few months to repair due to availability of contractors and appliances ordered.
Don't think it can't happen to you because it happen to us.
Call SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami 91-766-0220
How to Prevent Mold Growth
Mold Growing on Drywall can cause MOLD SPORES throughout the air quality
We breathe in mold spores and fragments every day, indoors and outdoors. Usually these exposures do not present a health risk. However, people can be exposed to large amounts of mold, particularly indoors.
It is impossible to get rid of all mold spores indoors; some spores will be found floating through the air and in house dust. However we can reduce the amount of spores in our homes by controlling mold growth.
- Identify moisture problem areas in your home and correct them
- Dry wet areas immediately
- Prevent moisture buildup with proper ventilation
- Monitor humidity indoors
- Direct rainwater away from your home
- Clean and repair roof gutters
Remember if you clean up the mold but don't address the water or moisture problem, then most likely, the mold problem will come back.
SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami offers indoor air quality sampling for mold. Call us today for an appointment at 918-766-0220.
What to Do if you Suspect Mold in your Residence
SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami is always ready to clean even the worst mold issues
Water Damages can cause Mold Damages if not dried properly. SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami is Certified for Water and Mold damages.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread mold throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold releases microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Cover the surfaces with mold with plastic to prevent cross-contamination
- Contact SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami specializes in mold cleanup and restoration. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely. We are IICRC certified in mold remediation and will follow all industry safety guidelines.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (918) 766-0220
SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami is Always Ready to Help
SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami is Always Ready to Help
SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, to handle water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. To even postpone treating the water emergencies a few hours can immensely increase the severity of the damage.
We're Ready to Help
Call Today (918) 766-0220
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and/or vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami has 15 years of training and experience to help guide you through your troubling time. SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami specializes in the restoration of water damages. It is actually the foundation of the business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment, resources and the number of SERVPRO technicians to bring to your loss.
Questions our SERVPRO Representative will ask:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known) and has the source been turned off?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
- How many rooms have been affected (if known)?
About SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami
SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami has 15 years in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO's corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
- FSRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- HST - Health and Safety Technician
- RRT - Carpet Repair & Reinstallation Technician
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- IICRC Certified Firm
Water Damages can Cause Mold Issues
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or HVAC systems. Mold spores can even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity level below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold issues.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today at (918) 766-0220
Water Damages can happen Any Time.
Water Damage in Hotel from Storm
A strong storm came through Northeast Oklahoma and Southeast Kansas. During this storm a hotel in Southeast Kansas had water coming in from their front door. Our SERVPRO team was called out late one evening to help get the water out and keep it out.
SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami was able to start extracting water and start getting areas dried out immediately. We have large extractors that allows us the remove large amounts of water faster. The faster we are to any job the less damage there is to the property.
Severe weather can cause a lot of damage to any property at any time.
SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami is ready for any damages done by our weather anytime.
For your next water damage from our weather in NE Oklahoma or SE Kansas call SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami at 918-766-0220.