Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
When you discover an unexpected water leak, SERVPRO of Bartlesville/Miami is always ready to help Northeast Oklahoma homeowners and businesses. Our expertly trained technicians are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to clean up any water damage emergency. We use our 16 years of experience in water restoration and drying to effectively return your property to normal. We use our state-of-the-art inspection, extraction, and drying equipment to locate any wet materials and dry them as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our production technicians follow Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) guidelines to observe and detail the drying process.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (918) 766-0220
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.